Today we are back with Valerie. She is giving us all the insights to perfect makeup application and helping us achieve a healthy and flawless skin.
Hi darlings, we are going to start at basics. If you want to achieve a flawless makeup application you need to have a healthy base. As a pro makeup artist, I always recommend that my clients start prepping their skin before they have a big occasion when they will need heavy makeup done.
Too often I see people complain that their makeup looks dry and cakey, however, that can easily be avoided if they were to take better care of their skin. Remember, skin care goes hand-in-hand with makeup. This is extremely important for women in their 20’s and 30’s because you need to start taking care of your skin when it starts aging.
But how do you take care of your skin? Follow these steps.
1. DO NOT sleep in your makeup.
You will actually wreak havoc on your skin and cause it to age more quickly.
2. Have a daily skin care regimen.
You do not need an in-depth skin care routine, but the following are musts to follow.
- A gentle face scrub
- Serum specific to your skin’s needs (ex, oily, acne-prone, dry, anti-aging, etc.)
- Nourishing eye cream
3. Eliminate texture on your skin.
The more texture on your skin, the more obvious it will look with liquids and powder added on top. Follow the following steps.
- Exfoliate your skin using scrubs, brushes, and/or salicylic acid
- See a dermatologist who might be able to help with extractions (many times our skin has texture just from product build-up in our pores that some topicals might not be able to treat)
- Use chemical peels (best to do on rare occasions, but will help eliminate texture and scars over time)
4. Treat the skin underneath the makeup.
If you have active break outs make sure to treat with topicals before going in with makeup, that way your skin is still being treated underneath your makeup.
5. Use weekly masks.
Alternate between a clay mask that cleans out your pores and sheet masks that help with skin soothing and radiance.
- Check out Amazon, they have great sheet mask pack deals.
- Aztec Clay mask is great for pulling out any impurities in your skin and leaving you with a smooth and glowing skin for days.
6. Add serums into your nighttime routine and be flawless.
Remember, the more moisturized and hydrated your skin is, the smoother your makeup application will be.
- Add an overnight mask (Sephora has affordable options)
And that’s it! Welcome to a world of awesome makeup and flawless skin.
Well lovelies, that’s all for your makeup lessons today. Valerie has come up with some great points that are sure to help your makeup application go smoother. Keep these in mind and treat yourself to a healthy skin.
– XoXo TheQueen